How to prevent and treat traveler’s diarrhea?
Even the best laid vacation plans can fall apart thanks to traveler’s diarrhea, the most common illness among people traveling.
What are the symptoms of traveler’s diarrhea?
You might experience some or all of the following symptoms related to traveler’s diarrhea:
How can I prevent traveler’s diarrhea?
Here are some tips to help protect your stomach on vacation:
- Bacteria can be easily spread through contaminated food and water, so take precautions
- Wash your hands as often as possible using soap and warm water
- It’s always a good idea to carry extra sanitizer when you’re traveling
- Start taking GRAVOL Ginger Traveler’s Shield ProbioticTM 5 days before you travel and continue throughout your trip to help reduce the risk of traveler’s diarrhea
What can I do to treat traveler’s diarrhea?
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and dairy products, which may worsen your symptoms and increase fluid loss