How to prevent and treat fever
Is it warm in here or is it just me? A fever is the clearest indicator that your body is fighting off an illness like a cold and cough.
What are the symptoms of a fever?
The following symptoms may accompany a fever:
How can I avoid a fever?
Fevers due to cold can be avoided by:
- Washing your hands frequently. This is one of the easiest ways to avoid picking up and spreading germs.
- Maintaining a strong immune system by getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and eating a healthy diet.
- Avoiding touching your eyes and nose, which can spread viruses from your hands.
How can I treat a fever?
- Place a damp washcloth on your forehead, arms or legs to help bring your temperature down.
- If you get the chills, don’t put on extra clothing or blankets. This can cause you to overheat and can make the chills worse.
- Eat healthy foods. Good nutrition is one of the best ways to keep your body’s defenses strong.
- Treat your fever with GRAVOLTM Ginger Multi-Symptom Cold & Fever. If your fever persists, see a doctor.