This popular culinary ingredient has uses that go
way beyond the kitchen
- Lack of appetite
- Digestive spasms
- Dyspepsia, a condition whose symptoms include feeling full earlier than expected when eating, as well as chronic or recurring pain in the upper abdomen
- Flatulent colic, a feeling characterized by severe pain in the abdomen due to spasm or obstruction.
How to take ginger
You can take ginger in a number of ways, from incorporating it into your diet to taking tablets, chewable lozenges or natural ginger ale.
How to eat ginger
There are a number of ways that ginger likely makes its way into your diet on a regular basis, such as in your curries, your pork roasts and your holiday loaves. You can eat ginger root dried, fresh, pickled, preserved, ground, crystallized, or candied. When preparing ginger, be sure to wash it and peel off the outer skin with a paring knife, then grate, slice or chop the inner flesh. You can then hydrate it by soaking it in liquid, such as water, vegetable broth or chicken broth, or you may want to add to a soup or casserole. Pairing pickled ginger with sushi is also a common way to enjoy the ingredient.
Alternatives to including ginger in your diet include drinking ginger tea or natural ginger ale made from soda water, lemon and ginger powder.
Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger Tablets and Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger Lozenges
- Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger products are made with certified organic Ginger (the only active ingredient) for the prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting. Gravol® Natural Source® Products are a natural alternative remedy to original Gravol® with Dimenhydrinate.
- Each dose of Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger contains the equivalent of 500 mg of real Ginger dried root.
- Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger products are absent of Dimenhydrinate, and do not cause drowsiness, allowing you and your children (6 years +) to remain alert and carry on with your regular routine.
- Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger products are available in easy to swallow tablets with no aftertaste, and soft chewable lozenges.
- Gravol® Natural Source® Ginger products are safe for adults and children over the age of six.
- Read complete directions on product label before use.
- The medicinal ingredient Ginger is not contraindicated for pregnant women. All pregnant women, however, should consult their health care practitioner before taking medication of any sort.
- Health Canada Monograph, January 2008: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/prodnatur/applications/licen-prod/monograph/mono_ginger-gingembre-eng.php
- Natural Health Techniques: www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/Product_information/Herb_Ginger.htm